- SAMETA (South Asia, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa) Meeting. September 2019, Dubai. EULAR Updates on Psoriatic Arthritis.
- 9th African League of Associations of Rheumatologists (AFLAR) meeting in Mauritius September 2019. Raising the bar for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis in resource poor settings.
- SARAA 2019, Durban, March 2019. Update on Spondyloarthritis.
- IRACON 2018. Indian Rheumatology Association annual conference. Assessment of peripheral arthritis in patients with psoriatic arthritis. Guwahati. 06/12/2018-09/12//2018. Invited faculty.
Novartis Spondyloarthritis Update, Mauritius, September 2018. Invited Faculty.
- International League of Associations for Rheumatology (ILAR). Treatment Recommendations for Psoriatic Arthritis in Resource-Poor Countries. Elmamoun M, Eraso M., Maharaj AB., Coates L. Chandran V,on behalf of ILAR-PsA recommendations group: EULAR 2018, Amsterdam. One of the PI’s.
- IRACON 2017. Indian rheumatology Association annual conference. Assessment of peripheral arthritis in patients with psoriatic arthritis. Lucknow. 30 November-3 December 2017. Invited faculty.
- Novartis masterclass: comorbidities in Spondyloarthritis. Cape Town 25 November 2017. Invited Faculty.
- Novartis masterclass: challenges and opportunities in the diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Cape Town 25 November 2017. Invited Faculty.
- KZN Specialist Network 2017: Indications for biologic therapy: A physician’s perspective. Durban, 28 October 2017. Invited Faculty.
- Indian Rheumatology Annual Meeting, IRACON 2015, Assessment of Psoriatic Arthritis. Invited Faculty.
- Asia-Pacific League of Rheumatologist (APLAR) Meeting 2015: Assessment of Peripheral arthritis in Psoriatic Arthritis. Chennai, India 09/2015. Invited faculty for GRAPPA Symposium.
- Management of HIV associated Arthropathy ANNUAL WORKSHOP ON ADVANCED CLINICAL CARE - AIDS, Durban; 10/2014. Invited Faculty.
- Pain Forum – Cape Town: The Coxib Debate – Truth vs. Hype 2013. Invited Faculty.
- Pfizer Pain Forum 2012- Cape Town – Rheumatoid Arthritis. Invited Faculty.
1st Annual Congress of the Faculty of Consulting Physicians of South Africa- The Inflammatory Continuum - CVS Effects. ICC, Cape Town, 2012. Invited Faculty.
- Vinod Gathiram Memorial Lecture 2011: Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis- from pret-a-porter to houte courtier. Invited Faculty.
- Pharmacological Heritage of Ancient India- its Influence on Modern Medicine. Seminar on Ancient India’s Contribution to Medical Science and Values. RAMAKRISHNA CENTRE OF SOUTH AFRICA 06 February 2005. Invited Faculty.
- Medicine UPDATE 2004- LUPUS in the New Millennium- Treatment Update. Invited Faculty.
- Astra Zeneca Research DAY 2003 – Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, DURBAN Profile of Rheumatic Diseases in Indian and Black South Africans in Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. Presenter- research article.
- Profile of Rheumatic Diseases in Indian and Black South Africans in Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa-SOUTH AFRICAN RHEUMATISM AND ARTHRITIS ASSOCIATION meeting, Johannesburg 2003. Presenter. Research article.
- Treatment of Enthesitis, Dactylitis and Nail Lesions in Psoriatic Arthritis. Ajesh B Maharaj, F. Paruk. Current Treatment Options in Rheumatology, 4(2), 183-196, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40674-018-0097-z. 1st Author.
- MiR-146a G/C rs2910164 variations in South African Indian and Caucasian patients with psoriatic arthritis. Ajesh Maharaj, Pragalathan Naidoo, Terisha Ghazi, Naeem Abdul, Shanel Dhani, Taskeen Docrat, Prithiksha Ramkaran, Paul Tak and Niek de Vries, Anil Chuturgoon. Published online: BMC Medical Genetics (2018); doi.org/10.1186/s 12 881-018-0565-1. 1st Author.
OP0312 International league of associations for rheumatology (ILAR) treatment recommendations for psoriatic arthritis in resource-poor countries. M Elmamoun, M Eraso, A Maharaj, V Chandran, L Coates, et al. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 77 (Suppl 2), 203-20
- International League of Associations for Rheumatology. Systematic Review of the Literature to Inform Treatment Recommendations for Psoriatic Arthritis in Resource-Poor Countries [abstract]. Elmamoun M, Eraso M, Coates LC, Maharaj A, Chandran V, et al. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017; 69 (suppl 10). https://acrabstracts.org/abstract/international-league-of-associations-for-rheumatology-systematic-review-of-the-literature-to-inform-treatment-recommendations-for-psoriatic-arthritis-in-resource-poor-countries.
- Treatment of psoriatic arthritis with traditional DMARDs and novel therapies: approaches and recommendation. Ajesh B Maharaj; V Chandran Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2017 Apr;13(4):319-331. doi: 10.1080/1744666X.2017. 1257939. PMID: 27826996. Lead author.
- Psoriatic arthritis (PsA): an assessment of clinical, biochemical and radiological features in a single centre South African cohort. Ajesh B. Maharaj*, Michelle Rajkaran, Jayandran Govender, Kasthurba Maharaj, Niek de Vries, Paul-Peter Tak. South African Medical Journal 2016; 106(6) 630-3. doi: 10.7196/ SAMJ. 2016. V106i6.10347. PMID: 27245733. 1st Author.
- McArdle’s Disease Presenting with Acute Renal Failure. Ajesh B Maharaj, Vinod B Patel. South African Medical Journal 2016;106(5):469. DOI:10.7196/SAMJ. 2016.v106i5.10348 PMID: 27138678. 1st author.
- Assessing disease activity in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: impact on management and therapy. V Chandran, AB Maharaj. Expert Rev Clin Immunol May 2016; 12(06): 572-583 DOI:10.1586/1744666X.2016.1146133 PMID: 26807494. Equal contribution.
2015 Recommendations for the management of polymyalgia rheumatica: a European League Against Rheumatism/American College of Rheumatology collaborative initiative. Dejaco C, Singh YP, Perel P, Hutchings A, Camellino D, Mackie S, Abril A, Bachta A, Balint P, Barraclough K, Bianconi L, Buttgereit F, Carsons S, Ching D, Cid M, Cimmino M, Diamantopoulos A, Docken W, Duftner C, Fashanu B, Gilbert K, Hildreth P, Hollywood J, Jayne D, Lima M, Maharaj A, Mallen C, Martinez-Taboada V, Maz M, Merry S, Miller J, Mori S, Neill L, Nordborg E, Nott J, Padbury H, Pease C, Salvarani C, Schirmer M, Schmidt W, Spiera R, Tronnier D, Wagner A, Whitlock M, Matteson EL, Dasgupta B.Ann Rheum Dis. 2015 Oct;74(10):1799-807. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2015-207492. PMID: 26359488. Part of International Committee.
- Drs. Maharaj and Chandran reply AJESH B. MAHARAJ and VINOD CHANDRAN. J Rheumatol 2015;42;1062 PMID: 26034234. 1st author.
- Summary of Sensitivity and Specificity for Psoriatic Arthritis in a South African Cohort according to Classification Criteria. Ajesh B. Maharaj, Jayandran Govender, Kasthurba Maharaj, Michelle Rajkaran and Paul P. Tak J Rheumatol 2015; 42; 960-962 PMID: 25877500. 1st author.
- Pancytopenia in a Patient with Psoriatic Arthritis Treated with Methotrexate and Concomitant Lithium. AJESH B. MAHARAJ and VINOD CHANDRAN J Rheumatol March 2015 42(3):557 PMID: 25729049. Lead author.
- Spondyloarthritis in African Blacks AJESH B. MAHARAJ and PAUL P. TAK J Rheumatol January 2015 42(1):139; PMID: 25554810. Lead author.
- Unusual Cause of Limited Elbow Movement in a Patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. AJESH B. MAHARAJ and VINOD CHANDRAN J Rheumatol 2014;41(12):2482-2483 PMID: 25452180. Lead author.
- Comprehensive Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis: Managing Comorbidities and Extra-articular Manifestations. A Ogdie, S Schwartzman, Laura C Coates, L Eder, Ajesh B Maharaj, D Zisman, S Raychaudhuri, Soumya Reddy, Arthur F Kavanaugh, Philip J Mease, Christopher T Ritchlin, Elaine Husni. J Rheumatol November 2014 41(11):2315-2322; PMID: 25362717. Member of International Task team.
- ACR/ARHP Poster Session B: Vasculitis II (1662) Developing Guidelines for Polymyalgia Rheumatica: Prioritisation of Outcome Measures – Perspective of Patients, General Practitioners, and Rheumatologists. Yogesh Singh, MD, DM(Presenter); Christian Dejaco, MD, Ph.D.; Sarah Mackie, MBBS; Daniel Ching; Artur Bachta; Ajesh Maharaj; et al. Member of international task team.
- Suboptimal management of rheumatoid arthritis in the Middle East and Africa: could the EULAR recommendations be the start of a solution? El Zorkany B, Alwahshi HA, Hammoudeh M, Al Emadi S, Benitha R, Al AwadhiA, Bouajina E, Laatar A, El Badawy S, Al Badi M, Al-Maini M, Al Saleh J,Alswailem R, Ally MM, Batha W, Djoudi H, El Garf A, El Hadidi K, El Marzouqi M,Hadidi M, Maharaj AB, Masri AF, Mofti A, Nahar I, Pettipher CA, Spargo CE,Emery P. Clinical Rheumatology 32 (2): 151 (2013) PMID: 23274756. Member of international task team.
- Comorbidities of Psoriatic Arthritis and their impact on management. Ajesh Maharaj, Vinod Chandran. Expert Rev Clin Immunol.
- International League of Associations for Rheumatology Recommendations for the Management of Psoriatic Arthritis in Resource-Poor Settings. M Elmamoun, M Eraso, M Anderson, AB Maharaj, V Chandran, LC Coates, for the ILAR-PsA Recommendation Group. Clinical Rheumatology.
- Commentary: Treatment of PsA in Resource poor countries of the World. AB Maharaj. V Chandran, M Elmamoun, LC Coates. The LANCET RHEUMATOLOGY.